Gretchen Rubin: The Four Tendencies
Gretchen Rubin is the author of several books, including the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers, Better Than Before, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. Her newest book is The Four Tendencies. She has an enormous readership, both in print and online, and her books have sold more than two million copies worldwide, in more than thirty languages.
She makes frequent TV appearances and is in much demand as a speaker. On her weekly podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin, she discusses good habits and happiness with her sister Elizabeth Craft. Rubin started her career in law and was clerking for Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor when she realized she wanted to be a writer. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
I was beyond excited and honored to have Gretchen join me on the show (as evidenced by my fangirling at the beginning of the episode.) Gretchen could not have been more fun or fascinating to interview. We also clicked really well and had a lot of similarities, which made it all the more fun to pick her brain. Like she said at the end, “we could keep talking all day.” So, we are basically besties now.
Listen in to hear Gretchen share:
- What are the Four Tendencies and why should you know your tendency
- Why it’s helpful to also know others’ tendencies
- How Obligers can immediately get more of what they want rather than caving to others all the time
- What freedom looks like for each tendency (this might surprise you)
- How can you get more of what you want TODAY by knowing your tendency
- Take the Four Tendencies Quiz
- Gretchen’s website: Gretchen Rubin
- Gretchen’s Books: The Four Tendencies, The Happiness Project, Happier At Home, Better Than Before, Power Money Fame Sex
- Gretchen and Elizabeth’s Podcast: Happier
- Follow the SMA on Instagram
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Freshly: for fresh, fully cooked meals delivered right to your door. Save $25 off your first order of 6 meals at Freshly when you use the code SHAMELESS at checkout!
KIND: for healthy, delicious snack bars go to KIND Snacks to get 10 KIND Bars for free – just pay shipping!