136: Kori & Mike: Zag Zig Parenting
Married for 23 years, with 4 children, Kori Reed and Mike Becker are on a mission to “Reimagine family stereotypes so that all modern families can thrive.”
They are so committed to this mission that they wrote a book about it – Zag Zig Parenting: (Mis)Adventures of a Career-Driven Mom and a Stay-at-Home Dad
ZagZig Parenting invites you to explore a married couple’s contemporary perspective on parenting through comical vignettes that share their differences, struggles, and mistakes.
Written by Kori, a career-driven mom of four children, with commentary from Mike, a twenty-year, at-home dad, this book shows work-life integration from a different lens and creates a positive environment to reimagine the family framework.
These vulnerable stories about life as a non-traditional family aim to paint a picture of everyday chaos provide comic relief and permit parents to thrive as they embrace their perceived shortcomings in the context of work-family flow. Parenting issues don’t discriminate.
Listen in to hear Kori and Mike share:
- How Mike and Kori both started defying traditional gender roles at the age of 16
- How parents with two very different personality types can successfully find their parenting groove
- What family management looks like for a stay-at-home dad and career driven mom
- The power and purpose of therapy
- How a Kori learned to juggle being a present parent and career focused mom
- What Mike loved about staying home with 4 kids over the course of 20 years
- Mike’s biggest parenting secret when it comes to minimizing overwhelm and chaos
Find Kori and Mike here: www.ZagZigParenting.com
But the book here: Zag Zig Parenting on Amazon
Sponsor: Aaptiv.com (use code SMA30 for a free 30-day trial)