13: How to Be a Better Stalker and FanGirl
There is definitely no shame in my stalking game. I am 100% open about my stalking habits. Stalking has made me new friends and new partnerships that have improved my life in many ways. That said, I am *not* a creeper. It’s important to know the difference. My stalking comes out of my desire to connect with certain people and figuring out how to create those connection opportunities, whether it’s a new friendship or a business relationship.
There are lots of really great reasons to engage your stalking skills:
- Expand your inner circle
- Make your inner circle more powerful
- Take a leap that will get you to the next level
- Hang out with people that are more successful than you
- Make authentic connections with people you truly admire
Note: When stalking, always be a *value adder* and a *puffer upper*.
How do you improve your stalking game?
- Lead with a compliment
- Find common ground upon which to build a relationship
- When all else fails, be a supporter and a cheerleader
- Allow your words and actions to let tell stalkee (yes, real word) you are trying to build a genuine/not creepy relationship
I was able to use these tips recently to connect with someone I hugely admire, Lewis Howes. Please note our GORGEOUS photo on this episode art! I was very intentional about trying to connect with him, and I happened to connect 3 different times (total #fangirl SCORE!) Lewis and his podcast, The School of Greatness, were a huge inspiration to me starting this podcast. So, you can imagine how pumped I was to meet him. Make sure to listen in to my fangirl story.
Worth noting – stalking is not super comfortable for me, but I want to GO PLACES and I want to connect with the people who are already in those places. It is these scary leaps out of our comfort zone that change everything – for the better. “What doesn’t challenge you doesn’t change you.”