118: Shasta Nelson: How to Deepen Friendships, Health & Happiness
Shasta Nelson, M.Div., is the Founder of GirlFriendCircles.com, a women’s friendship learning community. Her spirited and soulful voice for strong female relationships can be found in her books Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness and Friendships Don’t Just Happen! The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of GirlFriends. She also writes at ShastasFriendshipBlog.com and in the Huffington Post, speaks across the country, and is a friendship expert in the media appearing on such shows as Katie Couric and the Today Show.
Shasta is a 10 year Friendship Expert. She knows all the research on friendships – and on loneliness, which is plaguing us even though we are more virtually connected than ever before. Shasta is joining us in The Shameless Mom Academy to share the keys to building friendships and sustaining friendships, which can be a challenge in motherhood. Yes, your time is limited, but the truth is you friendships have never been more crucial.
Listen in to hear Shasta share:
- The 3 S’s of a satisfying friendship
- Why it is essential that we feel loved, known, and supported
- The epidemic of loneliness that doctors are saying is the biggest health epidemic of our time
- How our relationship with our spouse is different that our relationships with girlfriends – and why you need BOTH
- The power of modeling friendship to your children and how to make sure boys are especially aware of the power and necessity of friendship
- The 3 requirements that must be present for a healthy friendship
Join Shasta: Girlfriendcircles.com
Resource: Frientimacy Quiz
App: Aaptiv.com (use code SMA30 for free 30 day trial!)