100: Amy Moses, PT: Truths and Myths about Your Mommy Bladder
Amy Moses is a physical therapist who works exclusively in women’s health with a specialty in pelvic floor physical therapy. I met Amy a few years ago when she was my pelvic floor PT. I quickly developed a huge girl crush on Amy, as she made me feel so comfortable at such a vulnerable time in my life. She helped me heal my body and become stronger as a women and a mom.
Amy and I dive deep into the world of pelvic floor rehab today – discussing incontinence, pain with sex, and pelvic pain that happens to most women after giving birth (as well as to women who have never given birth!) Amy is on a mission to normalize these kinds of conversations and to bring pelvic floor rehab to all moms.
Perhaps the best part of this conversation and Amy and I disclosing our own personal experiences with pelvic floor dysfunction after having babies. It’s not pretty, friends…. But it’s TOTALLY NORMAL. I think you’ll get a few good laughs as we share our personal journeys – and perhaps you’ll be able to relate!
Listen in to hear Amy share:
- The truth about incontinence, pain with sex, and pelvic pain the most of us experience
- Why understanding this major women’s health issue is critical in the current political landscape
- How Kegels can make everything worse
- Why the pad/panty liner industry is making a KILLING off you
- What you can expect when you go to pelvic floor physical therapy
- How to find a pelvic floor PT near you
Amy Moses on Facebook
Amy Moses at Moye Physical Therapy near Memphis, TN
Directory of Herman Wallace Pelvic Floor PTs
Directory of Women’s Health PTs