Shawna Kaminski: The Myths of Menopause and Metabolism
Shawna Kaminski has been a fitness professional in the industry for over 30 years. She has a Bachelor of Kinesiology and Bachelor of Education and too many certifications to count. She is a teacher at heart, having taught school for 20 years.
She’s the #1 best selling author of Lose Your Menopause Belly.
She’s owned a small group training studio, multiple fitness boot camps, and she helps thousands of online fitness clients worldwide with her fitness and coaching programs. She’s appeared on national TV as a fitness expert, authored articles in numerous publications and created curriculum for international fitness businesses.
Shawna is in her early 50’s, has two children and a one-eyed rescue dog.
Shawna is back on the show today to talk about her book and give us the lowdown on the truths and myths about aging, menopause, metabolism and how you can love yourself at every stage.
Listen in to learn:
- Can you cure menopause?
- Lifestyle hacks to manage menopause symptoms
- Why you need to know about your cortisol, HGH, and insulin
- The truth about menopause and belly fat
- Why you want to incorporate metabolic resistance training into your fitness routine
- Why sleep and stress management are just as important as nutrition and exercise as you age
- Why small steps to change your lifestyle are better than giant leaps
Sponsor: Aaptiv.com (use code SMA30 for a free 30-day trial)
Sponsor: http://www.kindsnacks.com/sma (use this link to get 10 KIND Snacks for $10 + free shipping)