Renee Metty: On Mindfulness
Renee Metty, M.Ed is a Shameless Mom to 3 kids, ages 7, 9, 11 and is the Founder and CEO of With Pause™. She believes that one’s greatest asset is the quality of attention you bring to every aspect of your experience. Through speaking, workshops and training, With Pause™ boosts your ability to develop richer connections, manage stress, collaborate effectively and renew your mental clarity.
Renee works with businesses and schools, who are seeking clarity, calm and a more meaningful life. Her approach cultivates mindfulness balanced with compassion while cultivating presence.
Renee is also a Certified Body Language Trainer, allowing her to further support people through their mindfulness practices, daily habits, and communication patterns.
This interview was so fascinating to me. Renee identifies herself as a Type A personality, just as I do. But you’ll notice that she is slow and careful with her words, the opposite of me. She has trained herself to slow down and live calmly, even in the midst of chaos. If you’re Type A, you will love this interview – especially everything Renee shares about the silent retreats she has attended (which sound terrifying to me!)
Listen in to hear Renee share:
- The power of living in perpetual self-discovery
- What it feels like when you cut your speed in half and slow down your life (and her experience doing this through multi-day silent retreats)
- Why mindfulness cannot be practiced without compassion
- 3 micro practices you can start doing today to become more mindful
- The difference between gratitude and appreciation
- The power of non-verbal communication (spoiler: it’s 13 times more powerful than your words)