Melanie Shankle: Church of the Small Things
Melanie Shankle is the New York Times bestselling author behind Nobody’s Cuter Than You, The Antelope in the Living Room, Sparkly Green Earrings and her newest book, Church of the Small Things: The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a Life. She first shared her hilarious observations and loving wisdom on The Big Mama Blog, which helped define a new genre of blogging for women as it attracted a devoted audience now thousands deep. The Texas A&M graduate is also a guest blogger for high profile outlets and an in demand speaker at events across the country. A proud Texan, self-professed Target junkie and lover of Anthropologie sales, Melanie calls San Antonio home with her husband Perry, teenage daughter Caroline, and two wild dogs Piper and Mabel.
I had a great time preparing for this interview and reading different pieces of Melanie’s writing. I highly recommend you check out her blog, The Big Mama Life, and her books!
Listen in to hear Melanie share:
- How she has grappled with and come to embrace raising an only child
- Things she wish she’d known earlier- related to motherhood, womanhood, and perms
- The “lies of unicorns and perfect mothers”
- How she sees women living more shamelessly today than ever before
- Why moms need to push their boundaries in front of their kids
Melanie’s Website: http://www.MelanieShankle.com
Melanie on Instagram: @MelanieShankle
Melanie on Twitter: @bigmama