22: Erin Brown – Letters to Lola
Erin Brown is someone I have long admired. Erin is one of the first women I found online who was part of a much-needed movement to encourage women to STOP shrinking. Her words and philosophies have been hugely impactful and healing to me in the last 4 years.
Erin gives women permission to unapologetically stand in their space “As Is” (the name of her first book.) She is brilliant and graceful, but also bold, honest and raw.
I knew I wanted to interview Erin long before I launched The Shameless Mom Academy. So, it was an honor to record this with her.
Listen in and hear Erin share:
- Her journey into motherhood and personal training that was not about weight loss, although it yielded weight loss
- How she evolved from Fit Mama Training, a place where she was often criticized, into I Am Erin Brown, a place where she is revered.
- How she learned to manage mommy rage
- The power of sharing her experience with sexual assault to stop intergenerational trauma
- The magic of her new book, Letters To Lola – and how Lola has inspired her to change the landscape for all women and girls