132: Sage B Hobbs: Naked Communication
Sage B Hobbs is the author of Naked Communication. Sage spent more than ten years in counseling, education, and community outreach. Her work has spanned diverse communities, from public schools to a residential treatment program for teens. Her experience ranges widely, including life transitions, personal empowerment, work/life balance, education, family dynamics, youth behavior, fertility struggles, cancer recovery, and more.
When not geeking out on coaching and business development, Sage can be found playing in the mountains with her adorable children and husband, on her yoga mat, or talking at length with a girlfriend.
This was such a fun conversation. Two minutes into my conversation with Sage I felt like we had known each other for years. You’ll hear this throughout the conversation as we piggy back off each others thoughts. How interesting to have such a great connection when talking to someone about CONNECTION!
Sage is helping women show up, well, more naked. Before you panic, know that Naked Communication will mean different things to different women. But, embracing some of Sage’s philosophies and practices will really empower you to be more strong, powerful and capable in your conversations and your connections.
Listen in to hear Sage share:
- What Naked Communication means and why you more of need it
- Why the goal of every interaction should be connection (and how to make that happen)
- The power of mental flexibility and how to make it a game
- The truth about forgiveness and why it’s for YOU, not someone else
- The steps to a powerful and productive apology
- How to have One minute moments of courage that can transform your life and conversations
- How to pushing yourself can actually alleviate anxiety
- Why Ah-Ha moments are never really ah-ha moments
* Website: SageBHobbs.com
* Book: Naked Communication by Sage B Hobbs
* The ASK Formula Cheat Sheet: How to ask for what you want… and get it. http://www.sagebhobbs.com/ask-formula-cheat-sheet/
* Learn about your own communication styles and patterns with free book chapters at http://www.sagebhobbs.com/naked-communication-book-free-chapters/
* Sage on Facebook
* Sage on Instagram
* Sponsor: Aaptiv.com (use code SMA30 for a free 30 day trial)